Saturday, December 22, 2012

Emacs key bindings everywhere

http://davesquared.net/2008/02/emacs-key-bindings-everywhere.html



So I decided to whip up a quick AutoHotKey script that reproduces the basic Emacs document navigation key bindings, sticking to the shortcuts that don’t interfere too much with standard Windows shortcuts (for example, I left Ctrl-V alone :)). You can toggle “Emacs Mode” on and off using the CapsLock key, and because it uses AutoHotKey to translate key strokes, it works everywhere your keyboard does :). I’ve been using it for months and found it quite useful, so I thought I’d put it online before I lose it. :)
You can download the script from here [ZIP]. You’ll also need AutoHotKey. I’m far from an expert on AutoHotKey, so feel free to comment or email if you find any problems with the script.

No comments:

Post a Comment